My Favorite Products to Combat Dry Winter Skin
Happy New Year!! I hope you all are enjoying this fresh start as much as I am! I love a new anything - new year, new month, new week. Any chance to start fresh always feels so good. Speaking of starting fresh, I'm sharing my favorite products to keep your skin feeling refreshed and hydrated during the winter. I have combination skin and tend to struggle more with oiliness most of the time, but the winter month always dry my skin out if I don't use good products and stay on top of my skincare regimen. A few of these products you might recognize from my skincare routine post last year. Today, I'm not sharing my entire regimen again, so be sure to check out that post for the full roundup. These are just specific products I would recommend trying out if you're dealing with dry skin this time of year and are in need of some rejuvenation!
FACE1. Biore Charcoal Cleanser - This is my daily and nightly cleanser that I'm obsessed with! Although it is not super moisturizing, it really cleans well without stripping your face and leaves you feeling deeply cleansed and balanced. It is so important to cleanse your face well, even when your skin is dry, as this will help with keeping clear skin.
2. Lancer Polish OR St. Ives Apricot Scrub - Okay, so I live for my Lancer Polish, but I'll be the first to admit the price tag definitely puts it in the "luxury beauty" category. Mine has lasted me over a year and will probably end up lasting me two. But that aside, if you're looking for a cheaper but effective alternative, St. Ives Apricot Scrub is amazing as well! What I like about both of these scrubs is that they are abrasive enough to really exfoliate your face well. I don't apply too much pressure when I use them, but I love that they really work and leave my skin feeling super smooth. A big part of combating dry skin is to exfoliate daily so that all of the dry skin can be removed.
3. Tula Hydrating Day/Night Cream - This moisturizer is thick, but sinks right in! It has probiotics and so many great natural fruit extracts that help to keep skin hydrated. I love that it is intended for use as both a day cream and a night cream - so helpful to have a dual purpose product! I've heard so many great things about Tula, and this did not disappoint! I'm obsessed with this stuff!
4. Fresh Rose Face Mask - I love to do masks, but clay masks can be drying and irritating to winter skin sometimes. This one is more of a gel mask with bits of rose in it, and it smells amazing! It gives you that little extra spa treatment while hydrating and toning your skin.
1. Sugar Scrub - I love to make these myself using coconut oil or baby oil, essential oils, and sugar! You just can't beat the feeling of getting out of the shower or bath after using a good sugar scrub - if you don't have one already, there are so many easy recipes on Pinterest - make yourself one ASAP!
2. Thick Body Lotion - Any thick lotion with shea butter or coco butter will do, but I love the Bath and Body Works 24 hour moisture creams. I have a whole basket in our bathroom closet of these and they're great for daily use! Putting them on right after getting out of the shower or tub helps to lock in moisture.
3. Pedi - Buffer - I get these at Ulta, and I have to always have one on backup! It's a dual sided foot scrubber - one side is a foamy cleanser and the other is a scrubby buffer. The one pictured is the charcoal one, but I also love the blue "fresh" scented one. So, so good!
I hope this gave you some new products to try out if this winter weather is taking a toll on your skin. What are your go-to products for combating dry skin in the winter?