DIY Colored Tights with Hipstik
I love how tights add a fun pop of pattern or color to an outfit - and I also love how Hipstik tights have an insanely comfortable waistband and a sizing chart that reflects different body shapes and puts comfort first. They just introduced four brand new colors in a dye kit package - Eggplant Purple, Hunter Green, Brown Cocoa, and Red Wine. Each of these colors are so wearable and perfect for this time of year!
Here's how it works: You receive a pair of white tights and a Rit Dye package of the color you chose. Above, I'm showing you how you can style your white tights and and also your colored tights once you've dyed them. I chose the Eggplant Purple. If you want a step-by-step of the dye process, keep reading!
The Dye Process
1. The materials - You will need a pot (I chose to use this disposable baking dish instead), vinegar, a spoon, gloves, and water.
1. Thoroughly rinse tights to evenly wet them.
6. Set a timer for 60 minutes. Stir the pot regularly throughout the 60 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the pot from the stove and pour out dye.
9. Hang to dry and then they're ready to wear!
Let me know if you try this out for yourself and which color you made! Make sure to visit Hipstik's website to check these out, as well as all of the other styles they have to offer!